Projects over $4,000,000
Construction Contract Bid, Performance & Labor/Material/Payment Bonds
This application page is specifically for obtaining such bonds without necessarily having CPA-prepared financial statements. Although employing the services of a CPA to maximize bonding capacity is usually recommended, we can help you bond larger jobs IF you can send us fairly comprehensive financial statements along with thoroughly completed paperwork documenting your company's qualifications.
How to Get Started:
Print, complete, and return the below questionnaire:
* Company Year-end Financial Statements - Having a CPA provide a quality presentation of your company's financial qualifications is recommended (see our Tips for Success page). We suggest you send over your latest year-end financial statement so we can discuss and advise what's best for you. The latest two fiscal years' ending (usually December 31 of the previous year) statements are a basic requirement by most underwriters. If it has been more than six months since your company's fiscal year-end, also provide a more current "in-house prepared" statement. Statements should include:
* A balance sheet
* A profit and loss statement
* Schedules of Accounts Receivables and Payables
* A Personal Financial Statement (any form is fine, see example form below):
* Company Federal Tax Return(s) from the most recent year (first two pages only)
* Company and Personal Bank Statements (first page of each only)
* A schedule of Work on Hand/Work In Progress at year-end (any schedule form is fine, see example form below):
For examples of how financial statements appear when prepared by a CPA, see our "Tips for Success" page. Improving to a better quality financial statement can really help; however, sometimes there is a cost-benefit analysis that we can help you with if you would like to discuss it first.
* Bond Request Form (supplementary):
For Performance/Payment Bonds, Contract Agreements, or Purchase Orders, the following may also be needed:
* Bank Line of Credit documentation showing size & current borrowing availability
* Real Estate Schedule Listing
* Proof of Insurance (declaration sheet only)
* Company Brochures/Pamphlets/Literature on experience
* Business Continuity Agreement
* Resume(s) of Owner and Key Personnel (any form is fine, see example form below):
Bonding is also available without needing all of the above! Occasionally, a few items are needed; other times, none may be necessary. We recommend that you send us any of the above items that you have available. The more you can provide, the more tools we will have to present your qualifications to bond companies. Timeliness is important, so provide whatever you can as soon as possible. Any potentially missing items can be sent at a later point.
Alternate program that provides bonds for projects up to $4,000,000 (see application for requested items):